Thursday February 28 2013
Yesterday was a marathon day for us at the Cathedral.
Ongoing events at the Parish Center,a 7:30 a.m Eucharist at the Cathedral,followed by Morning Coffee,afternoon Bible Study,evening prayer,choir practice,and a Baptism preparation.
We cannot prevent the passage of time; in the same way that time must pass, Lent too unfolds as it must. This season will soon be behind us.
We sincerely hope that Lent is having some influence on the lives of our people; that through the expending of focus,energy and activity at St. Martin's we might reach the hearts of God's beloved people.
For us, the idea of Church and Family is synonymous. We know that they are not exactly the same in structure and purpose,but at the core of highest value,we are family. Love,Unity and a shared faith.
All are welcome;and we thank God unconditionally for the moments we can share in the busyness of life today.
May the ongoing life of our parish be blessed today!
Here are the address notes for you:
- Real life involves coming face to face with our own humanness mortality and pain.
- Real life is filled with hurting people.
- Real life is filled with people who have been wounded often to a point where there is little chance that they can ever believe anything good will ever happen in this life.
- Christians believe however, that Real Life can be filled with the Grace, and purpose of God...
- Such love is pure, and finds no burden in the command that tells us to purify our souls, examine ourselves ,and be transformed.
- Such love is a love born out of Thanksgiving.
- Such Love is pure, because it is shown not in word nor tongue, but in deed and truth. [1 John 3.18]
- Wishes to love others the same way.
- No longer pursues his own desires but Christ’s, even as Jesus did not pursue not his own welfare, but ours .
- The third degree of love, then, is to love God simply because He is God.